(877) 428-8092 [email protected]

ACE Program – Frequently Asked Questions

What majors does Harcum College offer?

Business Management, Human Services, Early Childhood Education and Criminal Justice. Not all majors are offered at every site.

What type of degree is it?

Associate Degree

When are classes offered?

Classes are generally held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30p to 9:30p, Fall and Spring. Larger sites such as Congreso and Deliverance have classes on Monday/Wednesday as well. All students attend full time (12 crs per semester).

Where are classes offered?

Philadelphia Community Partners. For more info, call: 1-877-428-8092

  • Congreso  – 2830 North American St.
  • Deliverance Evangelistic Church – 2001 Lehigh Ave.
  • Diversified Community Services – 1529 S. 22nd St.
  • E3 West – 4111 Lancaster Ave.
  • Grace Trinity Development Corporation – 5200 Oxford Ave.
  • Little People’s Village II – 6522 Haverford Ave.
  • One Bright Ray – 1142 East Erie Ave.
  • Resources for Human Development – 4700 Wissahickon Ave.

Greater Philadelphia Partners:

  • I-LEAD Charter School, Inc. – 200 North 8th St., Reading, PA
  • Life Transforming Ministries – 643 E. Lincoln Hwy, Coatesville, PA
  • Prospect Park United Methodist Church – 800 Lincoln Ave., Prospect Park, PA
  • Woods Services – 40 Martin Gross Dr., Langhorne, PA

Map of Community Partners 

Does the program accept transfer credit?

Yes, as long as it is from an accredited institution, you received a “C” or better and it is equal in value to one of our courses in the program.

Does the program accept military credit?

Yes. We will need a copy of your military record to see what would be transferable.

Is Harcum College an accredited college?

Yes, Harcum College is accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

Can you help me continue to a Bachelor’s degree program when I graduate? Will my credits be transferable?

Yes. Current articulation agreements between Harcum College and four year colleges can be found here.  These colleges and universities have agreed to transfer credits earned at Harcum College to the relevant Bachelor’s degree program.

Can I qualify for financial aid?

Yes!  Almost all college students use the government’s financial aid system to pay for school.  Financial Aid is available from the government as student loans (which you have to pay back at a very low interest rate) and grants (which you do not have to pay back). See how college becomes affordable with financial aid – you’re worth the investment!!!

  • To apply for financial aid, complete an online application at www.fasfa.gov.  We are here to help you complete the financial aid application (FAFSA), please contact the site coordinator closest to you to set an appointment.  You must reapply for financial aid each spring for the next academic year.
  • With financial aid, what you actually pay out of pocket is much less than the price of tuition. Learn why Understanding College Tuition Price vs. Out of Pocket Costs.
  • To learn more about student loans, visit studentloans.gov.
  • Watch a financial aid overview video.

Are there scholarships?

Yes. Partnership site students receive a community scholarship that reduces the price of tuition. You can apply for outside scholarships on your own. We can supply you with a list of possible scholarships.  To get started:

I don’t have a computer. Is there a computer lab I can use?

Yes, our sites have computer labs that students can use at the discretion of the site.

What is the average age of the students in the program?

41 is the average age of our students, but we have students of all ages, 18 years old and up. Anyone who has graduated from high school or earned a Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent from other states and countries) is eligible for admission.

Can I take all my classes at the partnership site?

Yes, the majority of courses will be held at your “home” partnership site. At times, it may be necessary to take a course at another partnership site. Also, Harcum 101, is a one credit course is held at the main campus in Bryn Mawr, PA at the beginning of the semester.

Can I get a student ID?

Yes. You can obtain one while you are taking Harcum 101 on main campus. Otherwise, you need to go to the security office on the main campus to get one. They are free. The address is: 750 Montgomery Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA  19010.

Is there a cap on the number of students per class?

Yes, courses generally have no more than 20 students. However, the average size of a class is usually between 12 and 15 students.